Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty. Switch the line on the sl 500.. didn't blow

Customer Question

Hey marty. Switch the line on the sl 500.. didn't blow anything. Now I can't get the suspension to level out. New strut on front left . That's the lowest. Rt side is higher. Much higher. . Did the rodeo. Any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the wait I have been backed up at work. Are you getting anywhere with this? Did you try driving the car to see if it would level out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not realy .. when u put into drive or reverse .. left side goes down to much and light comes to low to drive. Im have some bad luck with this.. no leaks though
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Can you scan the ABC suspension system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will. Get the codes later to u..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe the used rear solenoids are bad
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

That's what I am thinking. I'm thinking you may need to replace the valve blocks. Does the car drop when you turn it off and let it sit for an hour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gonna take a video of what it's doing as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at all. Didn't move from last night
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'd also like to see the fault codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to be away until tomorrow morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I was able to raise all the struts. I'm having trouble with my autel maxis . There were some special functions I was able to access. But the scanner crashes. . Will get back to u at later time. Thks marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marty.. after trying to activate everything i can with scanner. this is where I'm at.. When u put the car in drive or reverse and move the car an inch the front rt drops 30 to 40 mm. Then when u shut it off it levels a little. You go to start it and the front right now levels completely with other struts. But as soon as u move vehicle again ,the front front drops again.. any clue?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it sounds like there may be a fault with one of the level sensors or with the acceleration sensors. Were you ever able to get any fault codes from the ABC system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
morning marty.. these are the codes i just pulled. swapped two front small solenoids last night.. same issue...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from the outside it doesn't sound like the front right strut is filling up with fluid.. when I open the bleeder screws.. all three except the rt front fluid comes out. When u open the rt front no fluid actually comes out.