Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Installtion of Rear Entertainment System (pre-wiring is

Customer Question

Installtion of Rear Entertainment System (pre-wiring is already done) How hard is the install?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it something someone with some basic auto skills can do or is it asking for trouble digging into the seat backs of a German auto and trying to connect these monitors?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most of the install (if the kit is available from the dealer for your model) is fairly straight forward but most need computers to be coded/programmed after the install for the system to operate properly after this has been done.This usually requires a dealer to do this programming or an authorized repair center that has access to a dealers SDS machine and Mercedes programming.If you can tell me if this is the factory system you are trying to install and if this is the single or dual monitor system I can try and locate more info for you on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a factory dual screen unit. The DVD player is inside each screen so it sounds like the pre-wiring inside each seat is just power because the sound travels through the included headphones. So assuming the pre-wiring is just a simple power and ground connection and assuming the computer doesn't need to recognize anything should the factory rear entertainment be a simple install?