Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Smart Cool Remote Starter worked the first few days on our

Customer Question

Smart Cool Remote Starter worked for the the first few days on our newly purchased 2012 KIA but today does not respond at all. Can you help???
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this is either due to one of the signals from the vehicle not present to the remote start control unit like a door or hood latch signal that is damaged or isn't sending the correct signals on the hood or doors being closed or locked or this may be an issue with the remote start control unit itself in some cases as it can fail internally electronically needing replaced.

If an accessory install facility installed this system for you on your model I would have them re check their work as well as check the remote start signals to locate the fault with it and repair it from there.This should be done at no cost for you with it failing like this the first few days installed.If this was installed by you this will need checked/tested by an accessory install facility to locate the fault.Double check all of your work to see if you can locate anything loose or damaged in any way needing corrected.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I totally do not understand your reply. It could be this or that. What does that mean? Does the remote start contain batteries? Could this be the problem? Is there a local dealer to use in the Kennebunk, ME. area to assist me? Please help me as this is getting frustrating.
Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize my answer wasn't clear enough here.

Were the batteries ever checked or replaced in the remote itself?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will now end this contact and go to a local dealer to resolve.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,if there is anything else I can help with here let me know as I strive to achieve an o.k. to excellent rating and help as best as possible.

Thanks Pete