Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

If I disconnect the siren will it affect the power locks?

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, no disconnecting the alarm siren will not affect the operation of the power door locks.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Are the locks not working since you disconnected the siren?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's what the mechanic said, they also told me originally that I couldn't just undo the siren to fix the fuse #8 that kept popping which was why my radio wasn't working.... What should I tell them to do?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Has the siren been disconnected yet? Is the fuse still blowing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure they called and said that if they disconnect the siren it's connected to my power locks and they won't work
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

They are not being truthful with you. It sounds like they are trying to sell you more work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Unfortunately I think you are right which sucks bc I just spent $2300 to get all my SAMs replaced with them. can you do it without putting the car on blocks? Just on a jack? You have to take the tire off?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You could try turning the wheel all the way to the left to access the back part of the liner and see if you can remove the retainers and peel back the rear section. It will be pretty difficult to do it with the tire on. You only need to jack up the right front but you really should put a jack stand under the car for safety.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are saying that they disconnected the siren and the power locks have failed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

It has nothing to do with the siren. Have they replaced the fuse? Do the power locks work from inside the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think the fob needs new batteries perhaps and they are trying to link the two?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fuse is fine and the radio now works but power locks don't work
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

If the locks work from inside the car try pointing the remote directly at the door handle from a few inches away and see if the locks will unlock. New batteries in the remote might help.