Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1998 mercedes e300 turbo diesel wont fire. no fuel pressure

Customer Question

1998 mercedes e300 turbo diesel wont fire. no fuel pressure present at injector. changed fuel filter
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, can you give me some background on this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine cranks but will not start. Ran fine when parked one evening. Next day would not run
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Does the check engine light turn on when you turn the key on? Does the glow plug light turn on when you turn the key on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx for the response. I got the car running. It took a lot of engine cranking to get fuel to the injectors. Engine starts right up now and runs smooth. The instrument panel now reads (check engine electronics). I have disconected and serviced the battery. when reconnected battery the check engine electronics light is still on.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Glad you got it going. It can take forever to prime the fuel system after replacing the fuel filter. The check engine electronics light is telling you that a fault code is stored in the engine management computer. You will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester in order to read and erase the fault codes.