Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I'm trying to put in 6000k bulbs in my license plate lights

Customer Question

I'm trying to put in 6000k bulbs in my license plate lights but only one will work. how do i fix it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

are they led bulbs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Take the one that wont work and flip it and put it back in. What happens now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still won't work. then when i put the original bulb in, it works
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

That bulb is bad if it wont work either way and the original does.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but its brand new and when i but the bulb that isn't working and put it in the other side, it works
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Try the 6000k bulb that works and put it in the socket that didnt work before.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still only one works. i feel like just doesn't want to power the 6000k
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

When it happens does the lamp warning out on the dash come up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello you need the bulbs that are made for the "can" cars. The lights are controlled by a control module called a rear Sam. The reason only one side works doesn't matter. It is luck that it works. Led bulbs have little resistance so the control module does not see the bulb installed. You need a different bulb. I am including a link to the type of bulb you need. It may not be the exact part number but it is the type of led canbus bulb you need. Hope this information helps.

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.