Anthony
Anthony, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  MB Tech. since 1997. ASE Master. MB Factory Technician. MB Antique Specialist.
15218643

I have a 2010 Mercedes e550 and battery dies recurrent

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Mercedes e550 and battery dies recurrent problem Mbz "reprogrammed" the software that controls charging. Is this BS or is there software. No warning lights. When this happens it is sudden! Could the alternator checkout but then suddenly have a glitch
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Does it die when you are driving?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never the AAA comes and everything checks but since battery is under one year they replace it and some months later it suddenly dies. Could alternator have a glitch where it malfunctions for a day or two but checks out otherwise. Does software control charging process if so can it have a glitch? The next step has to be replace alternator to eliminate that potential problem?
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Ok, so it dies when sitting and not driving?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely only when attempted restart after sitting it starts to get weak some hours before it fails
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Yes, everything you are mentioning is computerized. The Alternator is directly controlled by a computer. It really needs to have a battery draw test performed as something can be staying on while the car is off. If it passes that test then I would suspect the Alternator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I understand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, my internet went down. Do you still need more help?