Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

When the 1999 e340 Mercedes is parked - all doors, windows

Customer Question

When the 1999 e340 Mercedes is parked - all doors, windows etc. closed/ locked- lights are blinking or coming on. The battery has twice gone out and I had to take it out and recharge it. Is there any way to turn it off?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the problem is typically caused by a bad alarm siren. When the siren malfunctions it causes the alarm to activate. If the problem only occurs when you lock the car I would suspect a faulty siren. Another possibility is a faulty central locking vacuum pump. The pump is what triggers the alarm so either the siren is bad and is causing the problem or the pump is bad. The siren will usually not sound when it is faulty. The only way to keep this from happening is to remove the siren or leave the car unlocked.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to click on a rating for my help today.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Do you need anymore help with this?

Marty