sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My poor husband is driving with a pillow behind m in our

Customer Question

Hi ! My poor husband is driving with a pillow behind him in our 350E right now (returning from a trip) as the driver's seat had been reclined and will not engage to move - and Embrace was unable to help (odd...) - please can you help me help him as to how to remedy??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The problem may be a handful of things. It could be the switch itself or the module that controls the seat, wiring, the recliner motor itself or a mechanical failure of the recliner mechanism. Outside of checking connections and making sure nothing foreign is blocking seat movement there may not be much he can do on the road and without tools and test equipment. If the motor does make noise when the switch is pressed then the issue is either the motor or a mechanical failure. If there is no sound from the motor then electrical testing will need to be done to see if the motor is being sent power and ground, if not then the switch and module will need to be tested.