Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mb e350 4matic 2008 94k miles. transmission in limp home

Customer Question

mb e350 4matic 2008 94k miles. transmission in limp home mode, rough shifting or won't shift. have read reports of internal component problem. how extensive? how expensive?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the common issue with the Mercedes transmission is with the speed sensors in the transmission. Replacement of the transmission conductor plate along with the fluid, filter and electrical connector solves the problem. Estimated cost of a conductor plate replacement is $950. The repair involves removing the transmission pan and valve body to replace the conductor plate. A diagnostic scan should be performed to check for fault codes in the transmission control unit relating to the speed sensors.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Do you need anymore help with this?

Marty