sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2007 550SL's left side turn signal keeps coming on all by

Customer Question

My 2007 550SL's left side turn signal keeps coming on all by itself intermittently
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If just one light is lighting and staying on constantly then a module or wiring issue are likely, but if both front and rear are coming on and flashing then the switch itself is most likely. Electrical testing at the time the problem is happening would really need to be done to know for sure.

Does it only happen with the key on?

Is it front and rear, and do they flash or stay on solid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The condition only happens with the key on. When it strikes both front and rear left flasher lights stay on in the blinking or flashing mode.(not solid) They many times will just come on when your driving down the road then several minutes later start up again all on their own.Sometimes twenty minutes will pass before the next episode of this and other times its impossible to get them to stop blinking at all for an hour straight. Please let me know what you think. Also, Where is the blinker switch located ? You mentioned this may need replacement. Could the turn signal control stalk possibly need replacement?

Yes, it's very likely that the switch is the cause. Are you able top unplug it and see if the lights go off?