Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 03 Benz c240 with new fuel pumps and accelerater

Customer Question

I have a 03 Benz c240 with new fuel pumps and accelerater pedal sensor. Will not run ideals rough then shuts off. Any idea
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. First off how long has this been happening , is this all you replaced , and are there any fault codes ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has been sitting for a few
Months due to not running right. Codes showed bad TPS. Replaced ran ok for a day then started running rough again. Just cranked it up again today let it run till warmed up. Rough ideal

Ok so are there any codes at this time ? How long has the fuel been in the tank and did this problem happen after fuel was filled that you remember ?

First thing I would check is the purge valve. Remove it and see how easy it is to blow through it. You should NOT be able to blow through it.