Hipo64
Hipo64, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Work and diagnose electronics on daily basis.
41577536

I have a 320 CDI 2006 that my husband just accidentally put

Customer Question

I have a 320 CDI 2006 that my husband just accidentally put 9.2 gallons of gasoline in. The tank had about 3 gallons of diesel in it before he pumped. The car was running while he pumped & as soon as he realized he stopped pumping & shut car off. Any way to syphon tank with hand pump Fill with diesel & change filter
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer!

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your Car needs!

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

I have customers in situation like this in my shop at least 2 times a year.

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

what we do is, open the fuel supply line to fuel filter, extend it with a piece of hose into a fuel container, next is connect charger to your battery to prevent battery drain, even though you do not have much fuel in tank and this may not be necessary, then access fuel pump relay - located in fuse box in cargo area,

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

that will be relay O - gray color(when relays are removed you will see a stamped letter on the fuse box body, so look for relay with letter O or you can use vahicle manual for relay location.

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

after relay is removed, look at relay bottom, each relay leg has numbers. you will be looking for leg #30 and leg #87 you need a piece of wire or paper clip to short the corresponding terminals in fuse box, this will activate the fuel pump and pump out all fuel in the tank, once tank is empty, replace fuel hose and fuel relay, fill clean dieasel and you are good to go. using Hand pump is very labor intense work.

Hope this will help you to get back on the road.

Best Regards Pavlin!

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

sorry I have pressed a wrong button and accidentally opted out

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=06+ml320+fuel+rear+fuse+box+image&espv=2&biw=1062&bih=951&tbm=isch&imgil=TQrRl9LwF55Y8M%253A%253B4FwiSit4GdzxsM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.benzworld.org%25252Fforums%25252Fw164-m-class%25252F1762561-2006-ml350-fuel-pump-relay-location.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=TQrRl9LwF55Y8M%253A%252C4FwiSit4GdzxsM%252C_&dpr=1&usg=__YxRfH8fB1qFTymIEj0VtZeh9AYQ%3D&ved=0CC8QyjdqFQoTCLTJz_HFg8gCFYmPgAodNkwDtg&ei=B5H9VfSpC4mfggS2mI2wCw#imgrc=TQrRl9LwF55Y8M%3A&usg=__YxRfH8fB1qFTymIEj0VtZeh9AYQ%3D

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

copy and paste this link to your browser to see relay location