Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Is it possible to replace the 2/3 seat in a gl450 with a

Customer Question

is it possible to replace the 2/3 seat in a gl450 with a bucket seat from an r-class so that you'd have two individual seats in the gl instead of the bench?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
As far as a straight up swap out, no it is no where near possible. Seat track mounting is different which means it will not bolt straight in. Wiring connectors an harnesses are quite a bit different for power seat features as well as restraint systems and airbag.
Theoretically it could be done, but it would take alot of modifications and custom wiring from a professional customization shop.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks