Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I am looking to buy an suv winters in WV, I found a one

Customer Question

I am looking to buy an suv for the winters in WV, I found a one owner ML430 for 2500.00, but has 275k miles. Just curious how long this vehicle could last if its been well taken care of
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

If the vehicle has been well maintained and has had parts replaced as needed when they failed (as fuel pump,crank sensor,water pump and oil leaks can all be common) and it has been serviced regularly I have seen these run up to 400,000 in some cases even more as this isn't uncommon for Mercedes vehicles.I would see if you can get history on what has been done on this model here to see if any major components were replaced and that both the engine and transmission were serviced regularly.I would also have the suspension checked to make sure it is o.k. with no damaged or worn components then test drive the vehicle to make sure it rides and feels like it operates properly.If this all o.k. for $2500 that is a decent buy.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am looking more for just advice on an awd vehicle that I can pay cash for and will likely get me through the winter with a bunch of repairs. Any recommendations?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This would be one of the best to purchase with its traction control systems and all wheel drive with the selectable low range if needed.One other model that is common and holds up fairly well is a Subaru Outback.These are very common in the snowy areas and great for winter driving as well.The subaru will also get better fuel mileage as Mercedes tends to use more fuel then some of the others.

Thanks Pete