FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I have a 2007 GL450 mercedes. Had my front upper control

Customer Question

I have a 2007 GL450 mercedes. Had my front upper control arms and cv axles replaced by a family mechanic. As soon as I left my ABS light and the triangle yellow came on.Brought it to a Mercedes Mechanic and was told all four sensors, 2 in front and 2 in rear, have to be replaced for $1400.00. Can't help but feel this occurred during the repair. Thoughts please.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. If the lights were not on prior to then it more than likely occurred during the repair. If the rear of the vehicle was not touched though then I cannot see how you would need all 4 sensors. Most of the time if you are not experienced with these vehicles you will damage the sensors or simply forget to hook them back up. Did he ask work on the rear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did not work on the rear. I brought to Fritz & Hans Mercedes repair today in Metairie Louisiana. They have done repairs for me in the past. I dropped off my car today. My husband said the rear sensors should be fine. I will have him deal with them. They did a diagnostic test and they claim all four need to be changed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in order to replace the control arms and cv axle the brake sensor had to be unplugged/removed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Yes, he would have had to at the very least move the front sensors when working on it. If he did not disconnect them then he could have stretched the wiring and caused a failure. I have never seen all four sensors go bad at once on any vehicle.