Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Did lock indicator came on while driving. The dif lock had

Customer Question

Did lock indicator came on while driving. The dif lock had not been engaged. The car pulled up and told us to wait while it cooled. What could cause this?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, something activated the diff lock, if the diff lock was not set on by you then there is a malfunction, you will need to visit the dealer, it may be far but it needs to be addressed before more issues happen or more damage. hope this helps it would be extremely hard for me to tell you exactly what happened, there could be many things that can cause this the car needs to be checked out soon. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This car automatically operates the dif lock function. The car was being driven slowly and was on a bitumen road so it did not need the dif system to be assisting. Your answer was not helpful. Sorry.

I understand. What I'm saying is bot***** *****ne you have a issue that needs to be diagnosed before any Damage could occur. There are no common issues. Or else I would explain what is happening. Sorry you don't feel this is helpful

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We already knew this.

Of course you did. My apologies. Please follow the customer service links for your refund.