Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Car will not turn over.Checked the battery, fuses, car key,

Customer Question

Car will not turn over.Checked the battery, fuses, car key, the starter does not click when the key is in the ignition.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,

• Fuse
  • Relay
  • Signal Activation Module (SAM)
  • Wiring

In order to determine which is failing you are going to need to do some testing. A factory compatible scan tool is needed to help in diagnosis of starting system if there is no command to operate starter relay. Check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) in Signal Activation Module (SAM), Electronic Ignition Switch, and Engine control unit.

I have enclosed the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Mer%20no%20crank%20Sept%2015.pdf