Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Would a 68 250 se that has been driven only 10 miles in the

Customer Question

would a 68 250 se that has been driven only 10 miles in the past 5 years have any major mechanical issues. It has 47,000 original miles. it has only be driven around the block for the past 5 years to keep the fluids going.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the car only 2000 miles a year will not adversely affect the car. As long as the fluids have been maintained and the fuel system has been kept clean it should be fine. I would suggest that you road test the car and make sure that it runs well, shifts well and stops well. Fluid leakage and rubber rot are the most common problems we deal with on the older classics like this one. I recommend that you have a pre-purchase inspection performed by an old time Mercedes technician before you buy the car. Also check the chassis for rust.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Do you need anymore help with this?

Marty