Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2008 mercedes ml350, both power seats (and rear

Customer Question

2008 mercedes ml350, both power seats (and rear entertainment screens) intermittently lose power. All four related 30a fuses are fine.
While looking in the cargo fuse box, we noticed a piece of metal shorting the top and bottom sockets of the relay switch marked T (upper right slot) in one of your charts. If I wiggle that metal, I see blue sparks inside the sockets. After wiggling, sometimes the seats start working, but they quickly stop again.
Are we missing a relay switch? Did the previous owner try to fix this with a hard-wired solution? Will this possibly damage something?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
adding photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a closeup
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Oh my first off so sorry for the delay. Second off that is not safe , that is some jerry rigged bad bad repairs. What is the Build date on the sticker on the drivers front door jamb ? I will look up the correct diagram and see what relay that is for and if it is in fact for the seats and entertainment. I would remove that metal asap until I can confirm what should be there.

The relay position is Kk, it's relay K. And it does control the seats. So you need to start by purchasing a relay from Mercedes and installing and then see if the seats work. If not we proceed with diagnosis. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
service date from door tag is "09/07" - Photo attached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lou please provide the part number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: We have a friend with exactly the same 2008 ML350 and her seats work fine, with NO relay in that socket.

Ok give me a few for that. But I will get it tonight for you. :)

Thanks for the picture. I needed the vin also. Perfect. And I hear what you are saying. But per my diagram the relay works for electric seats if optioned.

Part number is ***** it's the same relay also in position R which is directly under it. Now I noticed you said it was position T BUT the fuse box was changed after 6-1-2006 production. And I don't think it's possible the other ML you speak of is same year as the relay needs to be in there unless they have different option codes. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I mentioned position T I was wrong, I was looking at a different answer and got mixed up. (I wish I could change my question so as not to confuse future researchers!)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part number 002-542-26-19 purchased! $10.50 with free shipping!Thanks again for your help, I'll posts again when it arrives to report results. I will rate at that time Lou, thanks.

That's ok that is why I restated :) I also make sure whoever reads this is able to be helped. I will also attach a link for the fuse box layout.

Well if it's any worthiness to you once you rate it does not end the chat. You can still return to me at any time and I will gladly still assist no worries. I leave no man or woman behind. I would appreciate the rating just in case something happens and you never return. If for any reason you become dissatisfied a refund is always a option. No worries.

here are the diagrams in case you did not have access to them. hope this helps.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.