Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have just replaced my 97 S420 with a 98 and upon

Customer Question

I have just replaced my 97 S420 with a 98 and upon inspection of the arm rest I found the spot for the car phone connection which appears to be a 10 wire data connection and a separate mic connection. Is there any way I could find out how their wiring configuration is in order to properly wire in/create my own connection for my aftermarket hard wired Bluetooth car phone? I am an electrician and can make my own connector to fit the connection spot in the arm rest but I would need the schematics of what is there already in order to precisely make a connection to it. Is that even doable let alone the information I need being available somewhere? Thank you kindly for any input on this matter!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I can look into our diagrams , I'm not sure I can help only because Benz never really gave diagrams of the phone cables them selves. Just the diagrams up to the modules but I'll try to help you out. But I'll need you to give me some time to look and get back to you if that is ok. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expected this much honestly, I have much experience in the electrical system in my car and even more experience in the W126 chassis since that's all my father owned growing up and I have had my fair share of parting out all the salvageable parts to every one of our half a dozen benzs' that where totaled in accidents my family has had. I don't want to take this one apart in order to figure out the wires and their roles in the phone setup if I can simply avoid it by finding these answers but I haven't had any luck online yet so I patiently await your response and appreciate your efforts in advance!!

Ok I appreciate your patience and understanding. I will see what I can dig up :) I'll be in touch tomorrow.