Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My instrument cluster just went dark on my 2001 s500 I hope

Customer Question

My instrument cluster just went dark on my 2001 s500 I hope it's just a fuse, can you tell me which one to check
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The fuses are in the drivers side of the dash , there is a fuse for the cluster is on there. Also the if the fuse blew then the cluster is faulty. The cluster was actually recalled for a short time and the warranty was extended for 10 years. Your warranty will be out but the cluster was a huge issue. It will need to be replaced is there are no blown fuses. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more Information. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.