Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

06 ml500 stalls at stop lights and restarts fine. also has

Customer Question

06 ml500 stalls at stop lights and restarts fine. also has acceleration hesitation internittently
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is the result of a failing crank position sensor. This is a common failure on this engine. I would replace this first. Please let me know if you need more help.

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** do you have any fault codes ? For a issue like this it sounds like a evap issue or egr valve issue where the car gets too much fuel or air at idle, the crank sensor is not the issue as it would not allow the car to start right away. Do you have a scan tool ? What else have you tried besides the air mass ? Let me know and I can help you figure this out :) also I need you to start the car and press the brake and see if you can hear a hissing noise or not coming from the brake area ? Thanks ! If all hear check out we may just need to simply clean the throttle body :) issues like this are generally easy to figure out.