Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a Mercedes C230 and the pull out hood latch broke

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes C230 and the pull out hood latch broke off. How can I open the hood.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. If the "tongue" that sticks out of the grill is the one that broken off all you need is a wire hanger or a long angled pick to grab the arm and pull it towards you. This is extremely common failure and all hope is not lost. It is easy to pull you just need to grab the correct spot with a wire hanger. Give it a try and let me know. I'll help you with this. Lou

hello, have you been able to open the hood? was i helpful?please let me know.,
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.