Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 1992 Mercedes 500sl. The car will not start. The

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Mercedes 500sl. The car will not start. The start will run, but it will not turn over. I tried using starter fluid and same results. I replace the spark plugs and same results. I used a spark tester between the spark plug and spark plug wire
and no spark.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. From what you describe tells me the ignition control module or the crank sensor can be the issue. How did the issue arose ? Did the car shut off while driving ? Or did it just not start one day ? Do you have spark at the coil going into the distributor caps ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lou, What is the correct part number for the Ignition Control Module. I want to make sure I purchase the correct one. Thx

if you give me your vin i can get you the exact number. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached
ignition control module part number,

hope this helps :) ,Lou.

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any recommendation to remove the crankshaft sensor? I was able to remove the holding screw but the sensor will not pullout?

Twisting. Gently rocking back and forth and maybe even a little penetrant spray. Just be easy with it. It will come loose. :)