Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Everytime I start my GL350 I get this message: check tyres,

Customer Question

Everytime I start my GL350 I get this message: check tyres, then restart. Run Flat Indicator. What does it mena?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm kevin I will help you today the message is appearing because at some point the tyre pressures have dropped below the set value after you hAve checked pressures you have to reset message on dash here is a link to instructions on how to do this .this can also be found in your manual

http://auto.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/mercedesbenz/2011_gl350_bluetec_suv.html?p=343

Please se remember to rate my service and come back to me if you need anything further

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Run flat indicator is a system that the traction computer uses to compute tire pressure. It reads the speed at each wheel and the wheel that shows a lower speed then the rest is the one that appears to have low pressure. Once this happens the warning goes on the dash in order to reset it you just readjust pressures to the sticker on the drivers side pillar. Once pressures are reset you can start the car. Press the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel that have the squares on it to get to the basic odometer screen. Then press the up and down arrows to get to the tires pressure reset screen. Press the center button in the dash "R" and then press the + to select the reset and you will be set. Hope this information helps. If you need help I can walk you through it :) just let me know. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.