Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2004 ML 500 The ashtray cubby door will not open and I 't

Customer Question

2004 ML 500
The ashtray cubby door will not open and I don't want to force it open. Suggestion please.
Thank you,
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The best way to remove this to inspect would be to remote the black insert in the center console , it just had two screws at the bottom or two smal push clips. You push very gently down in the center so it clicks and the you can pop the clips up. Then pull the tray up and out. Then you will see the screws for the window switch and then you can pull the widow switch trim up. Then you can unclip the ashtray and pull it out for inspection. Hope this information helps. If you need more info let me know I am here to help , Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.