Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Have a 2009 111cdi vito an dtoday experience limp home and

Customer Question

hi have a 2009 111cdi vito an dtoday experience limp home and power loss i connnected the snap-on solus scan tool and came back with fault code 2511 is this a long term fault? as when i clear the codes it doesnt go away as well as when it when into limp home no engine light came on cheers
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin a couple of questions

any smoke under load?

and hissing or air noises from engine when under load ?

if you look under bonnet is there and oil or soot residue around any of the Intercooler hoses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No black smoke under load, no apparent hissing or air noise around engine bay and no signs of oil around any hoses or intercooler
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** the fault code 2511-

2511 (001) Component Y27 (Exhaust gas recirculation positioner) does not function properly. Positioner signals fault X.

Basically you need to order exhaust gas recirculation valve with part nr. : A6461402460

BUT I always recommend you check with the dealer for the correct part number in case it was updated. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I understand about needing a new egr valve for the fault but hiw do I tell when it has or is becoming active or even if it is causing the low power as no engine light comes on cheers

If you have that code then that is absolutely the reason for the issue. Some scanners can tell you the time and mileage the fault Happened at. The best way is to drive the car with a scan tool hooked up and watch the values when this happens.

Egr valves become active at rpm's above 2,000