Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I did req a question reg removing 1 engine mercedes 320s

Customer Question

i did req a question reg removing 1 engine mercedes 320s W140 . My question was watt was easy to remove engine and gearbox in one unit or easy only the engine .i did give my credit card det.no response ...i hope this its not
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my apologies I have not seen a request like this already. But to answer your questions

It is easier to remove the transmission first from the bottom and then pull the engine out the top. There is no support for the transmission when the engine is removed so it is easier to spend the time to lower the transmission first. Or you will have issues getting the engine back connected to the transmission. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more info. I will do my best to help. Lou