Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

The main computer on my 2005 forfour has malfunctioned. The

Customer Question

The main computer on my 2005 forfour has malfunctioned. The car is right-hand drive. Where can I purchase one?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Well the only place you can purchase a engine computer is from the dealer. They must be replaced also at the dealer so they can be programmed to the engine and vehicle. That is the only way. The dealer will not sell a engine computer as it needs to be replaced by a Mercedes technician with a scan tool that can program it or else the car will not function. Also you cannot purchase a used one as they cannot be reprogrammed to another vehicle once installed. Sorry. I wish there was a better solution. I Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.