Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a2003 c230 kompressor and the sun roof does not work

Customer Question

i have a2003 c230 kompressor and the sun roof does not work the guy i bought it from said the battery was out of the car for six months because it was in an accident and the swiches need to be programed is this true.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the sunroofs on the C class are known to fail due to faulty cables and guides. The only reprogramming that is needed is to press and hold the button to raise up the back of the sunroof for 5 seconds. If that does not get the roof working you have more serious problems. The roof will need to be disassembled to check the cables and guides.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to click on a rating for my service in order for me to receive credit for helping you.

Marty