Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a190 Mercedes from y Germany. When I turn on the

Customer Question

I have a190 Mercedes from y
Germany. When I turn on the engine and run for 30 minutes the speed is reduced to 60 kilometers If I stop the car wait 10 minutes or more I turn on again will run for another 30 minuts and the speed drop to60 again I can repeat over And aver. My car is in Caracas thanks I just changed the transmition
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

From what you have described here it sounds like one of the computers may be putting the vehicle into a fail safe "limp mode" as usually this can occur when a fault has been detected.

If this only occurred after the transmission was replaced I would see if the transmission was coded correctly to the vehicle and any adaptations needing learned in have been done.This can cause this type of fault here.

If this was already done and is all o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete