Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

How do you press ok button in lower er hand corner

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** you explain the problem? What exactly are you trying to do? What year and model is your Mercedes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a used ML500 2003 trying to activate radio; in-putted the code and OK appeared in lower right hand corner of screen what should I do next because screen is not a touch screen have pressed OK numerous times but nothing happens
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you need to press the button on the radio that is directly below the OK.

Let me know if that works for you.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work the first digit of the code keeps flashing even after the button below the word ok us pressed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like there may be a problem with the button. The procedure for entering the code is to enter the code using the key pad and then pressing the last button on the right underneath the word OK to accept the code. Try pressing the button repeatedly and firmly and see if it will work. You can also try resetting the radio by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 24 hours. If that doesn't work you can try leaving the key turned on to the first click and leave the radio turned on for 2 hours then enter the code. Also, when entering the code the key must be in the ON position. If you have no success you will need to send the radio off for repair. I use Becker Autosound for radio repairs.

Let me know how you make out.

Marty