Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I recently bought an '03 Mercedes E500 Sport and the AC was

Customer Question

I recently bought an '03 Mercedes E500 Sport and the AC was working until a few days ago. Now when I press the AC (rest/off) button, the display on the cluster just blinks and doesn't actually turn the AC on. Any idea what the problem could be?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am assuming that the fan is blowing but you are not getting any cold air. A low refrigerant charge is the most common cause of this problem. You will need to have the refrigerant level checked by evacuating and recharging the system and then you will need to have the fault codes in the climate control system erased in order to reactivate the compressor. A faulty temperature sensor in the system could also cause the problem but low refrigerant is the most common problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty