FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I have a 2005 e 55 and I had a flat battery and I got a jump

Customer Question

I have a 2005 e 55 and I had a flat battery and I got a jump start using the rear battery
Now my radio won't come on and when I push the on button the screen displays the Mercedes emblem for about 30 seconds and then it switches off again by itself but I don't get any sound
Also my parktronic isn't working either
When I scroll down on my steering wheel to phone or navigation it just shows 4 dashes in a line
What is the problem?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If the voltage was very low in the system certain electronic systems will shut down. You need to start by having the battery load tested. If the battery is not holding enough of a charge this can occur. If the battery is fine then you may have a charging issue from the alternator or possibly an issue with the programming from the voltage loss.