Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

C230 sport:

Customer Question

Hello
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drove down my bumpy driveway. Got an ESP code. Went into limp mode. Got back to my house shut it off and it hasn't cranked since...checked fuses and fuse 53 25 A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was blown
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced it and it just blew again
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This indicates there is a short on this fuses circuit.The bumpy road setting off this short usually indicates this is an issue with wiring from this fuse to the components it leads to is shorting out to ground and the wiring from the fuse will need to be traced to locate and correct this short here.To make sure it isn't a component the fuse feeds that is shorting out the components it feeds power to will need disconnected to see if the short goes away.If it does go away with one of the components disconnected this indicates the component disconnected needs replaced.

Most common though for this issue is usually shorted wiring leading off of the fuse at fault needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What component does fuse 53 power? It is a 25 amp fuse.
It says "Engine Emergency Stop" on the fuse list.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Just so I can make sure I check the correct fuse can you tell me what fuse block this is located in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driver side engine compartment, right by the relays, it is the only 25a fuse in this block.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info is not showing this fuses power output or input.If you locate the fuse chart usually in the interior or trunk fuse panel it may tell you what this fuse feeds.If you are unable to locate this paper fuse chart let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paper chart says engine emergency stop. Here's pictures
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,looking at the chart it covers the engine electronics as well as emergency stop (if equipped).Usually this indicates this covers the engine electrical components which may include the engine computer.I would check the wiring from this fuse to the engine components as well as wiring under the hood for any wiring damage needing repaired to correct this here.

Thanks Pete