Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes s 500 rear door wont open but door lock goes up &

Customer Question

Mercedes s 500 rear door wont open but door lock goes up & down
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This type of fault here is usually caused by a faulty door latch itself.Even though the door lock is operating up and down like this here this can be the door latch itself at fault as I have seen fail several times before needing replaced.You will have to have a lock smith come out to open the door then the latch itself can be replaced.The only other option is to remove the interior door paneling as best as possible to access the latch to trigger it open but with the door being stuck closed this can damage the door paneling to where it will need replaced or repaired after the latch is replaced so it is best to have a lock smith come out to unlock the door or a AAA service.

Thanks Pete