Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Trying to reset a/c system after replacing compressor on a

Customer Question

trying to reset a/c system after replacing compressor on a 2003 e320
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, on the W211 chassis there is no reset that you can do through the climate control panel like you could on the older models. On this model you will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes scan tool to erase the fault codes in the climate control module in order to reactivate the compressor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got that answer already was looking for a way around that.. No shop that I know of in the area has the snap on s44 key I need to reset..
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I figured that you were looking for a workaround but there is none that I am aware of.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that you might try and I don't know if it will work is to disconnect both battery cables and connect the two cable ends together for 5 minutes then reconnect them to the battery and see if it resets the climate control.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You could also try removing fuse 64 for 24 hours and see if it erases the fault memory in the module.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

One more thing. If you don't have enough refrigerant in the system the system will not reset. Sometimes you can fully charge the system and the system will reset on it's own.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how you make out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome