Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2008 C350 does not start. Battery is at 12.3V. Radio, head

Customer Question

2008 C350 does not start. Battery is at 12.3V. Radio , head lights , they all work. When I turn the key no engine light or any other one lights up in the dashboard
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

One common component I have seen cause this issue here is the electronic ignition switch itself in some cases.It can short out/fail internally causing this fault here needing replaced.If nothing electrical was done on the vehicle recently and you know for sure the battery is good (as sometimes the battery can have good voltage but not enough amperage to allow starting of the vehicle) this sounds like the cause here.

The first thing that will have to be done here is to have the fault codes read out of all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Then from there the codes can be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.

It is possible this is a loose power connection to one of the fuse panels or one of the SAM control modules as well but most common is usually the electronic ignition switch.

Thanks Pete