FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

Problem with 2014 GL 550...when execrating, SUV lags and

Customer Question

Problem with 2014 GL 550...when execrating, SUV lags and feels as if it going to stall. Although pedal is pushed all the way to floor, it will not move , then finally it takes off. Stalled in a parking garage when trying to find parking 3 times. Getting worried I have a lemon since it has been back to dealer at least 9 times. Dealer runs code scanner, but says nothing is wrong with the car. They state.... unless I can duplicate at dealership. I pick up only to drive out of the parking lot and the problem continues. I am taking to another dealership to help diagnose. Out of exhaustion, I called Mercedes Customer Service to get corporate USA involved to help resolve. I need to get to the bottom of this problem since this is the main emergency transportation for my 87 year old mother. Thanks in advance for your *****@******.***
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When excelerate car stalls or feels as if it will stop. Vehicle will not move during this time.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. I am sorry to hear about your Mercedes. Can you tell me if the check engine light comes on when driving and how many miles are on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the engine light does not come on. I only have appeox 12,000 miles.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the response. I have seen a couple of issues that can cause this. Some of the time reprogramming of the modules can help, but in many cases the main control module needs to be replaced. I have also seen a malfunctioning air flow meter cause this, but most of the time this will set a check engine light also. It is hard to diagnose an issue like this if the problem is not occurring when you are testing it. You are doing the right thing in getting Mercedes involved in this.