Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Marty, I have a 2000 MB E320. A/C condensation drain is

Customer Question

Hi Marty, I have a 2000 MB E320. A/C condensation drain is plugged and drains water into passenger side footwell and then into back seat where battery, vaccum pump and fuse box are. Causes shorts. I vaccumed out the water a few days ago and all is dry and working, but how do I clear the AC condensation drain?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. If you remove the carpet slightly on the passenger side , pull it away from the Trans tunnel right where the small vent is with the single Phillips screw. Turn the screw 90 degrees and then the vent will come out. Then you will see the foam hose from the case to the trans tunnel most likely the hose ripped or came loose. Let me know if you find it or need more assistance. Once you access the hose you can pull it up and clear it out. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, what a poor design for a MB. How do you get the white ring back over the black tube?

The white ring snaps together so you can unsnap it BUT it is a pain in the arse to snap back together. We always zip tie because there is no pressure behind it. That was fast lol. Was it loose or clogged ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was ripped. I had it repaired 2 years ago after it ruined the fuse box in the back seat. Cost me alot. First thing I checked this time. Fuse box seems okay. I will try the zip tie. Dealer had taped it up to repair previous time, but it ripped just above their tape :-( Thank you ... hopefully this will do the trick.

Good luck , can't believe they taped it. Tape can't stick when there is moisture present ! Sheesh. Well glad I could help. If you need anything let me know ! Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gonna call it a night. Re-doing the garage and cannot find my zip ties. Why did MB use foam and spring instead of rubber hose? Is there a replacement part I should order instead?

You may be able to order the same hose , i could not tell you why foam. Maybe cost ? If anything maybe run a different line out? I'm not sure if the foam hose is available anymore.