Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2007 Mercedes 320 CDI: Car seems to get stuck in gears. Have

Customer Question

2007 Mercedes 320 CDI: Car seems to get stuck in gears. Have to turn it off to reset it? Is this a manufacturers defect.
Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Yes to answer your question. That is a huge fault with the transmission valve body control module and conductor plate. Usually a check engineight comes on. And there will be a code for the trans speed sensors which are located in the trans on the valve body. They are extremely common failures. If there is no check engine light make sure you are not accidentally tapping the shifter buttons that are on the back of the steering wheel there is one side that up shifts and another that down shifts. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need further info I am here to help. The valve body control module conductor plate can only be serviced by a dealer as it needs to be programmed once installed. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expected to get more detailed information like how to check if its just a transmission fluid issue. There was a lot of talk about this procedure on the internet and wanted to get more information on what needed to be ruled out. Maybe I was not specific enough in my question.

You were not specific , but I can assure you that this is never a transmission fluid issue. And no worries please let me know what I can do to get you all the info you need. As Mercedes works is like this , if there is no fluid leak then the fluid is not low. The speed sensor is the most common issue in all the vehicles with the 722.9 transmission which you have. Again please let me know if there is anything additional you need that I may have not touched on and I sent a phone offer over just in case you wanted to chat live so I can answer all of your questions you may have.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.