Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I HAVE A 2000 MERCEDES E430 THE CAR IS IN LIMP MODE WON'T

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2000 MERCEDES E430 THE CAR IS IN LIMP MODE WON'T GET OUT OF 2ND GEAR AND PAST 40MPH. LAST WEEK THE ABS/ESP LIGHT CAME ON AND THE CAR WENT INTO LIMP MODE ALSO THE LED LIGHT INDICATOR ON THE INSTUMENT CLUSTER INDICATING WHAT GEAR THE VEHICLE IS IN IS BLANK. I GOT THE BRAKES FIXED THE NEXT DAY AND THE ABS/ESP MALFUNCTION IS GONE. THEN I USED THE DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER AND THE DTCs CODES FIRST READ 1 OF 2 P 1999 -103. THE 2ND TIME WHICH WAS A COUPLE HOURS LATER I DID THE TEST AGAIN AND NOW THE CODES READ DTCs 1 of 2 p 0110 and 2 of 2/ p 0100 .miles 243,173. WHY DID I GET TWO DIFFERENT CODES WITH DIFFERENT READINGS THE FIRST AND 2ND TIME ON THE SAME DAY WITHIN A COUPLE HOURS APART? ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE? THANKYOU
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello , the blank display of the gear is a great telltale sign of s faulty shifter , has anything been spilled into the shifter like water or soda or rain ? Also I will research the codes and check back with you. Lou