Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 1999 Vito Van 108D, LHD, 123 000 miles, which was

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Vito Van 108D, LHD, 123 000 miles, which was converted when new by Westfalia into a campervan. The Heater/Air blower went slower and slower and has now stopped working. I've mamanged top remove all 3 screws holding the motor in, But it still wont Come out. What else do I have to do or remove to be able to get it out?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Yes you are correct. Only 3 screws. After so long of being in there you will need to pull with a little bit of force to get it to free up. Also wiggle back and forth to get it to free up. There is no real trick it will just be stuck on there. Let me know if this helps I wish there was a magical answer , make sure there is enough room between the carpet or floor mats. Hope this information helps. Let me know. Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, you misunderstand.... I got the screws out, and the heater blower unit is free - but there doesn't seem to be room to get it out of the space it's in! Its fouled by the "Bulkhead" that is under the Foot/Handbrake etc below the steering wheel -so I can't pull the unit back far enough to then drop the back of it down so the fan blades clear its housing. Do you understand what I mean?

Oh ok I misunderstood. My apologies i thought you meant you have the screws loose but the motor would not come free from the case. Well in that case I'm not sure how much help I personally can be so I will opt out and maybe another expert can assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) I have a 1999 Vito Van 108D, LHD, 123 000 miles, which was converted when new by Westfalia into a campervan. The Heater/Air blower went slower and slower and has now stopped working. I've mamanged top remove all 3 screws holding the motor in, But it still wont Come out. What else do I have to do or remove to be able to get it out?
2) No, you misunderstand.... I got the screws out, and the heater blower unit is free - but there doesn't seem to be room to get it out of the space it's in! Its fouled by the "Bulkhead" that is under the Foot/Handbrake etc below the steering wheel -so I can't pull the unit back far enough to then drop the back of it down so the fan blades clear its housing. Do you understand what I mean?Can another Mechanic answer this one apart from LOU P -who couldn't