FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

Past 3 years or so, my 2010 E550 wont start after I get gas.

Customer Question

For the past 3 years or so, my 2010 E550 wont start after I get gas. I have had it towed numerous times and was always told by the MB mechanics that they couldn't find anything wrong. Luckily, an old mechanic saw me trying to start it at the gas station recently and told me to step on the brake and gas pedals at the same time while starting it. It worked! Once again, I brought it to MB and they said they didn't find anything wrong with it. I have had it towed multiple times and now it is driving very sluggish, almost puttering. Returned to MB and after $2300.00, they said it was fixed. While driving it home, there was no change at all!! Now MB service department has had it for 3 weeks and says it will cost $7,000.00 to repair! I bought it new from this dealer, have only had it serviced there and am very frustrated. I don't believe they know what they are doing. Please help! What recourse do I have?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me what the dealer has actually charged you for in their attempts to repair it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me find the bill. I hope it is not in the glove compartment! be right back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It must be in the glove compartment. What are your thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said it is not the fuel injector, but sediment from fuel build up and after they cleaned it(?) it was still doing it. Now they say they have to replace the cylinder or something like that. Sorry, I am not a car whiz.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? What happened to my help?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry for the delay in getting back with you. My computer went down and I just got it back up. I would like to continue helping you with this. Would you like to continue?