Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Where is fuel pump fuse located

Customer Question

Where is fuel pump fuse located
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. What year and model do you have and why the fuel pump fuse if I can assist , Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
380sl 1985 no fuel getting to carb

Ok have you tested power at the pump two times , fist at key on and then at cranking ? The most common issue is the fuel pump relay. I will have to opt out right now as I don't have access to that diagram right at this moment and don't want to keep you waiting. I will check back later and if you are still needing help I will get you the info.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, perhaps I can help. My name is***** is no fuse for the fuel pump on this model. The fuel pump relay located behind the glove box powers the fuel pump. If the fuel pump is not running when you crank the motor and if there is no power to the pump when cranking the motor you will need to replace the fuel pump relay.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pump relay location is what I am looking for
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
It's behind the glove box. You will need to remove the glove box to access the relay. The relay is located at the right rear behind the glove box. The part number for the relay is 001 545 53 05. The number on your relay might be different but if you Google that part number you can see what it looks like.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Marty