Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My lights on my 2002 slk 230 want start. All the lights are

Customer Question

My lights on my 2002 slk 230 want start. All the lights are working but it want start. I started it for a few seconds and then it shut off
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello sorry for the delay , how many keys do you have ? Try them both ? Also does the dash say "start error" the most common issue is a failed "transponder coil" I will upload a picture of it. Most likely it is not recognizing the key and that is why it will not start.

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need ANYTHING else and I will do my best to assist , you can ask me anything and I'll be here to help. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

That is the link to the part I am talking about. It's pretty easy to replace but must be purchased from a dealer. If you only have one key then it's possible the key is the issue as well and will also need to be purchased at a dealer. Hope this information helps.