Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Window fuse,front and rear keep blowing

Customer Question

Window fuse,front and rear keep blowing
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, which fuse numbers are blowing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took out switches,and placed a fuse in ,tuned key both fuses blew.don't no the numbers off cars not with me today..it's a 1994 -c280
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, get back to me with the exact fuse numbers that are blowing and I will help you track down the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse #s. 7 &10
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Those fuses power the comfort control module next to the battery. If the fuses blow as soon as you turn the key on I would say that the module is shorted. First you should disconnect the connectors to the module and make sure that the fuses don't blow to rule out a wiring problem to the module. Next you should disconnect the A and B connector to the module and put power and ground to the individual terminals using a fused jumper lead and see if the fuse in the jumper lead still blows. If it does it would indicate a short in the module. Terminal A10 and B6 are your power inputs from the fuses. Terminal A2 and B7 are your grounds. If you have access to a spare module you could just swap it out to see if it solves the problem.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Do you have any updates on this? Do you need further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look for comfort control module,can't seem to find.Do you have picture of it in this car
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

It should be located behind the battery. You need to remove the battery to access the module.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Here is a picture.