MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I'm having trouble starting my 83 380sl after I have driven

Customer Question

I'm having trouble starting my 83 380sl after I have driven it. I was told that there was a part behind the air filter assembly that might need to be replaced that will alleviate the problem, but I don't even know what to look for or what its called
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** you describe exactly what the car is doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If and when I can start it I can drive for a while, but if I stop somewhere when I go back to start he car, it won't start. I have been able to most of the time been able to jump it off. I have a new battery and alternater
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what do you mean by "if and when I can start it"? I need to know what we are dealing with here. Are we dealing with a battery or starter problem or are we dealing with a car that cranks but won't start? If you have to jump it I assume that the battery is dead or very weak when you try to start it?