Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a pioneer avic nex 6100. I also had a Sirius

Customer Question

I have a pioneer avic nex 6100. I also had a Sirius satellite receiver installed with the tuner. I bought the system and had it professionally installed where I bought it. The problem I'm having is that I get a "check tuner" message every so often, sporadically. I have to turn off my car and take the key out in order to get the system to power down completely (2006 Mercedes C350). The installation shop could not find a problem; however, they did replace the Sirius receiver. Unfortunately the problem still exists. My reception is pretty bad. It's hard to listen to music because it keeps cutting out. I do live in a mountainous region, but sometimes at a light when I'm not moving, the receiver will cut in and out. I may have to deal with signal issues because of where I live, but the "check tuner" message concerns me. The shop verified that everything was installed correctly, and now I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas of what could be going on here? Thanks..Leon McHugh
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would have the antennae checked to see if there is an issue with the antennae itself or the signal from it.I have seen antennae failure before cause issues like this here needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. Will a bad antenna cause a "check tuner" messag. ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.
It can as the tuner is trying to search for a station and when the antennae signal cuts out this will cause a message like this here.
Thanks Pete